Japan-Israel R&D Cooperation Program
Launch Date: February 5, 2018
Expression of Interest: April 12, 2018
Full Application Deadline: April 23, 2018
Israeli and Japanese companies engaged in collaborative R&D projects are invited to apply for financial support through the Japan-Israel R&D Cooperation Program
Israel Innovation Authority, formerly known as the Office of the Chief Scientist (OCS) in Israel, and NEDO, on behalf of the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) in Japan, invite Israeli and Japanese companies to submit joint proposals for industrial research and development projects under the current Call for Proposals (CFP).
Companies and projects from almost all technology fields can apply, with preference for projects in the fields of new energy, energy conservation, smart community, environment and resource conservation, robot technology, machinery systems technology, AI, electronics, Information and Telecommunications, materials and nanotechnology and water treatment. Projects from the Life Science, Biotech and Medical fields would be able to submit, if they are related to other fields that are under NEDO's responsibility (which is mentioned above and can be seen in the following link: http://www.nedo.go.jp/english/introducing_tdf1.html ).
Full Application Deadline (Bilateral Application Form (BAF) + Letter of Intent (LOI) + National Project Proposal (NPP)) should be submitted by – April 23, 2018. Send all forms via email to the Israeli and Japanese Program Managers.
In order to apply to the current CFP, joint projects must meet the following criteria:
- At least one science and technology company from each of the respective countries should express a desire to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process.
- The project may involve more than one company from each side; academic/research entities are eligible to join as sub-contractors only.
- The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint industrial R&D project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialization in the global market.
- Companies and projects from the technology fields including new energy, energy conservation, smart community, environment and resource conservation, robot technology, machinery systems technology, AI, electronics, Information and Telecommunications, materials and nanotechnology and water treatment are eligible to apply. Projects from the Life Science, Biotech and Medical fields would be able to submit, if they are related to other fields that are under NEDO's responsibility (see http://www.nedo.go.jp/english/introducing_tdf1.html)
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialization strategy of the product or process
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both countries
- The project must be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
- The maximum project period is two years.
For full details on the Call for Proposals , including terms of funding an d eligibility requirements, please read the attached Guidelines document. Details in Japanese are available on the NEDO website.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
1. Read completely the attached CFP Guidelines document.
3. Apply! Israeli and Japanese companies should submit both their Full National Applications (according to the local rules), and their Bilateral Application Form + Letter of Intent, and send all forms via email to the Israeli and Japanese Program Managers by Aptil 23, 2018:
PARTNER MATCHING ASSISTANCE
The current call for proposals is open to companies that already have identified partners and have a mature project plan. However, Israel Innovation Authority and NEDO can assist companies in identifying potential partners for R&D projects for this and future calls for proposals. Please fill in the Partner Search Form and send it to the Program Managers via e-mail.
CFP Launch: February 5, 2018
Expression of Interest Period: Untill April 12, 2018
Deadline for Full Application (BAF + LOI + NPP): April 23, 2018
Evaluation Period: April 23 - by or around July, 2018
Joint Committee: July/August 2018
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Manager – Japan-Israel Cooperation Program
International Collaborations Division
Israel Innovation Authority
Tel: +972 3 5118143
Shinichi INOUE ("Shin Ino")
Deputy Director, International Affairs Department
New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)
Phone: +81- 44 - 520 - 5190