Israel's fastest growing startup ecosystem
The more than 100 high-tech companies involved in R&D concentrated in Yokneam export nearly $6 billion of technology and high tech products a year. "National Priority Area A" investment grants and tax benefits, lower housing prices and its village-like surroundings make it easier for companies to grow from startup to mature companies in Yokneam without losing key personnel.
While Tel-Aviv is more oriented to the young entrepreneurs who have not yet settled down, Yokneam attracts the seasoned entrepreneurs and high tech professionals needed for longer term R&D in industries like: Medical Devices, Pharmacology, Surgical Equipment, Water Technology, Homeland Security, Electro-Optics and Image Recognition, Industrial Tools and Processes, Semiconductors and Network Infrastructure.
Yokneam's proximity to the Technion and University of Haifa, combined with the natural laboratory of its surroundings has made it a magnet for the development of new and hybrid technologies in sectors like: Internet of Things (IoT), Business Management, eCommerce and as a Service (_aaS) technologies, and technologies that can't yet be classified.
In addition to the "National Priority A Area" investment grants and tax benefits of up to 20%, funding for startups is readily available in Yokneam.
In Shoshanna Solomon's article (in French) for the Times of Israel about how founders of startups need to let go, she discusses how change affects management style. Among others, she quotes Eyal Waldman of Mellanox as saying "...when the company was a start-up, I was much more involved in all the processes. I miss that. I used to be more involved. Now I need to talk a lot. It is more difficult to play on the playground of adults, because if you fail, the fall is stronger and more difficult. "
The New York Times reported that Starboard Value, which started the proxy fight, just sent a letter to Mellanox attacking its policy of stock grants to executives.
The Israel Innovation Authority recently announced a new pilot incentive track for financial support at the rate of 20% to 40% of the total budget approved for a specific R&D program application. The R&D plans will be approved in advance for a period of up to 3 years. R&D Centers which operate in geographic development zones are entitled to additional 10% of support. Supported Companies will not be obliged to pay royalties to the Israel Innovation Authority.
- Controller Assistant
- V&V Leader for Engineering
- Financial Analyst
- Hardware Engineer
- Procurement Engineering Leader
- Production Engineer
- Service Marketing Business Manager
- HR Admin & Employee Care Specialist
- Clinical Research Manager
- Digital Marketing Specialist - Pollogen
- TK Account Leader
- QA Manager
- Quality Engineer - Medical devices - Associate
- CAPA Assistant -Student - Intern - Hourly
- Customer Complaint Specialist - Intern
- Project Manager - Management
- Software Application EngSW Team Lead
- System Engineer - Associate
- Technical Project Manager - Intermediate
- V&V Engineer - Entry-level
Cellular Telecom Expert
Implementation and System Integration Engineer
- Physical Layer Algorithms Engineer
- Analog Layout Designer
- PHY Architecture Engineer
- HW Engineer\Student
- RMA Leader
- HW Practical Engineer
- Product Developer Engineer
- Board Design HW Engineer\Student
- Experienced Analog Designer
- Product Marketing Manager
- Mechanical Analyzes Engineer
- SW Manager
- Open Data Center Switch SW Architect
SW Team Leader
- Product Manager
- Business Development Manager
Experienced Image Processing Engineer
Senior Computer Vision Researcher
The international law firm of Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz will will speak about"Software licenses, protection of rights to the software and joint development - common issues and practical solutions". Space is limited to 12 people.