The position is responsible for providing pre- and post-sales, support, and DevOps to Cloud or Data Center Customers around the globe, supporting proof-of-concepts/trials/Customer purchases, operating and continuously improving our own Cloud infrastructures & offerings.
Other Specifics Include:
- Support production Cloud infrastructure and applications
- Use technical expertise to troubleshoot Customer issues and find solutions
- Investigate and possibly solve bugs, performance, and scalability problems
- Provide an exceptional customer service
- Work closely with the Sales and Engineering team
- Integrate, build, and deploy new solutions
- Create knowledge base articles and documentation materials
- Deliver occasional training to internal/external Customers and team members
Desired Skills and Experience
The candidate will have the following characteristics:
- High technical knowledge and experience at Network Administrator/Network Engineer, including debugging networking problems on Ethernet infrastructure (MUST). Desirable FC SAN knowledge
- Deep knowledge and experience with Linux
- Solid understanding of storage, virtualization, or applications that require storage
- Experience in large scale server architectures
- Experience in Shell/Python scripting
- Exceptional customer management, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to be on-call periodically to handle support issues after business hours
- Ability to travel (infrequently)
What will make the difference?
- Ability and prior exposure in reading Switch logs, OS level logs, system logs, and proprietary application logs
- Ability to read and understand programming code
- Knowledge of Automation Systems (Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Distributed systems experience
- Experience with Openstack
- Previous experience with open source software projects
What kind of soft skills are we looking for?
- The willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Initiative and follow-up skills
- The ability to be autonomous and work under minimum supervision
- Interpersonal skill and team spirit
Zadara Storage is looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior QA Engineer to join our top notch global engineering team to build and deliver an innovative high-performance scale-out elastic Cloud Block, File and Object Enterprise-storage-as-a-Service.
Zadara’s VPSA™ Storage Array, already deployed at many cloud providers, combines the privacy, control and consistent performance of on-premise Enterprise storage systems with Cloud economics, flexibility and ease of use.
- Work as a member of the QA team – design, write and perform manual and automated tests
- Own features of the product and perform all aspects of the QA process on those features.
- Deployment of new features and services into production
- Build domain expertise in cloud storage and services and apply expertise to design new product features.
- Adhere to agile techniques of development and testing. Utilize iterative Agile software development lifecycle
- Collaborate closely with the development and support teams
- Deploy and manage test and development cloud environments.
- Continually define and refine the QA process
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Engineering
- Deep understanding of QA processes and methodologies
- Proven experience in Linux administration
- Proven experience in building, testing or administering IT products
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in testing software in a cross-platform environment (Windows, Linux, VMware, Xen)
- Scripting experience, preferably in Bash \ Python. – Advantage
- Experience / familiarity with public cloud services and\or OpenStack – advantage.
- High motivation to work in dynamic and innovative startup company.
- Ability and willingness to independently learn new technologies
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
Zadara Storage is looking for a senior software engineer to join our core engineering team to build and deliver the next generation high-performance flash optimized Cloud block, file and object Enterprise-Storage-as-a-Service.
As a senior core developer you will have a chance to work on central components of Zadara Storage Stack, adding new Enterprise-level storage capabilities to our product, from design phase, through development and testing, and up to releasing the new features to customers. You will be challenged with complex high-performance distributed software system issues that require both deep understanding of how our product works overall, and also getting your hands dirty with bits and bytes.
Desired skill sets
- 3+ years of proven experiences in Linux software developer
- Strong C/C++ development/debugging skills
- Excellent hands-on experience in multithreaded programming and distributed systems
- Excellent debugging and issue analysis skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High motivation to work in dynamic and innovative startup
- Linux kernel programming
- Experience in Linux filesystem, block and SCSI subsystems
- Knowledge of storage protocols (SCSI/iSCSI/NFS/CIFS)
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent from a leading university.